Cannon's patented FPL HP and FPL mixing heads are mechanically self-cleaning, high-pressure mixheads capable of free pour, open-mold dispense or closed-mold injection. Cannon has developed several different models for specific applications and performance requirements.
FPL - Standard two component mixing head
FPL/3 - Three component model with recycling on mixing head
- FPL 4/6 - Four or six component model
- FP2L - Double mixing chamber model
The main feature of all FPL mixheads is the "L-shaped" mixing chamber, which is created by the right-angle arrangement of two cylindrical piston chambers. Each cylinder contains a hydraulically operated, individually controlled piston. Adjustable orifice nozzles, or jets, at the mixing chamber provide a way to fine-tune the pressure at which the components are dispensed. Optimum mixing is achieved by the turbulence created by the high velocity impingement of the two components as they enter the mixing chamber.
- The relatively small dimensions of the mixing chamber allow a fast change from high pressure recycle to pour, suppressing any pressure peaks and the risk of preflow of one component in respect to another.
- High pressure recycling and pouring through the same jet ensures clearing at the start of pouring and simple pressure regulation.
- The configuration of the mixing chamber allows optimum mixing of particularly difficult foams
- The lightweight head design and laminar qualities of the outgoing flow make the FPL perfect for open-mold and automated pouring.